Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Change: A Must


                As time goes by, changes occur at a rapid rate. Changes affect everything, our ways of living, our surroundings, our technology and even us. Changes are never-ending process. If changes do not happen, our life would be so boring, no excitement and joy. Our life would be so plain. From our ancestor’s way of living until our generation, it’ll be the same. Imagine you life without changes at all, does it sounds great? Think again.
                I have lots of ideas about changing our society, nation and our world but first, I will begin it from myself. My life is not the same as others. It may be unique but still has some characteristics in common. My life is not perfect, just like yours. So, there are some parts of my whole being that I want to change permanently. The first thing that I want is to change my attitude. Sometimes, I quarrel my brother and my sister without any valid reason or sometimes I get jealous to them. This makes myself look bad. Second is, I want to change my study habits. Because I start schooling at my early age, I am bored or get tired easily of studying. So, to entertain myself, I watch television, texting or surfing the net instead of studying my lessons. This leads me to get low scores during a test that’s why some of my grades decrease.
                Society is next. Our society nowadays is much more progressive than our ancestor’s generation. New technology is leading our society to be a better place. But even though our society had progressed a lot, there are still bad effects or bad things that are needed to be changed. For me, one of those is the crimes happening in our society. There are massive killings, stealing and bombing. Criminals do not choose rich or poor people as their victims as long as they can get what they want. I ask to erase or minimize these cases because it makes the image of a society looks bad.
                A nation is consists of societies. So, problems of a society may be also a burden to a nation. I also want to change the high level of crimes and corruptions. Corruption, for me, is the biggest issue I want to change. High ranking officials usually are the one who are corrupting the people’s money. Maybe, they think that no one will know about their secret. But there’s no secret that will not be revealed. Because of these corrupt officials, we, people of our own nation suffer from economic crisis and poverty, while they are wasting our money buying what they want. Imagine if they just make projects for that money, people will be happy because they help to those who are in need. And second, the crimes and killings. Authorities must end this show because many tourists are planning to come here but because of the threats and travel advisories, they cancelled their plans to save their own lives, and this makes our tourists decrease.
                Now is our world’s turn. Our world is suffering from a severe problem nowadays, which is climate change. There’s an urgent call about changing our common practices. We need to change our way of living that deals with our nature. Because of our practices like burning of plastics, dumping of garbages anywhere and not segregating our wastes properly, our nature becomes slowly damaged or destroyed which leads to a big that every human soul is suffering at present time. Another thing that I want to erase is the frequent wars occurring our world. Having wars don’t give us benefits, instead, it provide us headaches. Because of these wars, many houses, buildings and places are destroyed. It kills many innocent lives yet still won’t stop.
                Change is important. In order for us to change completely those bad deeds, we should discipline ourselves. If we won’t act or solve this problem at this very moment, maybe the next few hours will be too late. Time is precious, so don’t waste any second. We can achieve these changes by the help of our God through our determination and self-discipline. We should act as one by this very moment. And stay positive all these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment